Amica car insurance is the oldest car insurance company in the United States that’s completely owned by the people who have insurance with them. Even though they aren’t one of the biggest insurance companies in the country.
Amica score of 5 out of 5 for how well they did overall. J.D.figures out these scores through their team of experts. They look at how people feel about Amica car insurance quote with any complaints made to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and its financial strength.
Amica, officially known as the Automobile Mutual Insurance Co. of America and founded in 1907 in Providence, Rhode Island. At starting faced they provided three types of coverage: auto insurance, fire insurance, and theft insurance.
About 30 years later, Amica opened its first branch in Boston. After they expanded their services to include home insurance, marine insurance, and personal liability excess coverage.
In 2007, Amica celebrated its 100th anniversary, marking a century of providing insurance services.
As of December 2020, Amica headquartered is locate in Lincoln, Rhode Island and they serve approximately 1.5 million policies. Alos, Amica provides insurance services in Washington, D.C., and in all U.S. states except Hawaii.
Customer service Phone Number
- 800-242-6422 (Auto, home, marine and umbrella)
Claim Department Phone Number
- 800-242-6422 (Auto, home, marine and umbrella)
- Mail: Amica Scan Center, PO Box 9690, Providence, RI 02940-9690
Amica Car Insurance Coverage
Amica Insurance company provide regular auto insurance to their customers includes:
Liability car insurance covers the costs when you’re responsible for an accident that hurts someone or damages their property. It also helps you in case you get sued and can even cover your legal expenses.
Collision and comprehensive coverage
Collision coverage takes care of the costs to fix or get a new vehicle if it’s damaged or ruined in an accident, no matter who’s is responsible. When it comes to other types of damage like from floods, hail, things falling on your car, vandalism, or if your car gets stolen, that’s where comprehensive auto insurance comes in. It covers all those situations and pays out if your car gets taken.
Medical payments coverage
Medical payments coverage( MedPay) covers the medical bills or funeral expenses that you or your passengers might need if you get hurt in a car crash, no matter who caused the accident.
Personal injury protection (PIP)
PIP insurance can helps to pay for things like the money you would have earned but can’t because you’re hurt, medical bills, and services to replace things you can’t do at home, like cleaning, if you or your passengers are injured in a car accident.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM) coverage
Uninsured motorist coverage covers injuries to you and the people in your car if you’re in an accident caused by a driver who doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for the damages. In some states, uninsured motorist coverage might also help you to pay for the damage to your car caused by an uninsured driver.
Additional Amica Car Insurance Coverage
Amica provides gap insurance, also known as loan/lease insurance, for people who lease or finance their cars. If your car gets severely damaged then this insurance will cover the gap between the car’s reduced value and the amount you still owe on your lease or loan. You need to purchase this insurance within 30 days after purchasing new car.
If your car needs repairs for something then rental reimbursement cover to pay for your transportation expenses. This can include the cost of renting a car, using ridesharing services, taking taxis, trains, or buses. The exact amount you get depends on where you live. Amica Car insurance provide $20 per day and up to a total of $600.
This coverage offers assistance when you run into car problems like a dead battery, flat tire, running out of gas, getting stuck in snow or mud, or needing a tow to a repair shop.
Full glass coverage
This additional benefit covers the cost of fixing or replacing your car’s windshield, windows, and other glass parts without you having to pay a deductible.
Amica Car Insurance Rates
In the states we looked at, Amica car insurance prices were generally higher compared to many of its top competitors.
Amica Car Insurance Rate for Good Drivers in Massachusetts
|Company Name||Average annual rate in Massachusetts|
|Norfolk and Dedham||$1,482|
|Plymouth Rock Assurance||$1,587|
|National Grange Mutual||$1,892|
Amica Car Insurance Rate for Good Drivers in New Jersey
|Company Name||Average annual rate in New Jersey|
|New Jersey average||$1,700|
Amica Car Insurance Discounts
Amica Insurance company offers various discounts to help people save money on their insurance:
- Loyalty Discount: If you’ve been with Amica Car Insurance for two years or more, you can get a discount.
- Bundling Discount: Purchasing two any insurance policies, like home and auto means you can save money.
- Multi-Car Discount: Insure more than one car with Amica, and you’ll get a discount.
- Young Driver Training Discount: Drivers under age 21 who complete a recognized driver training program can get a discount.
- Student Away from School Discount: Full-time students who live away from school without a car can save money.
- Good Student Discount: Students aged 15 to 25 who maintain a “B” average or better can get a discount.
- Legacy Discount: If your parents have been with Amica for over five years and you’re under 30, you qualify for a discount.
- Accident-Free Discount: Customers who haven’t filed a claim for three years can get discount.
- Defensive Driver Training Discount: Completing an eligible driving course can earn you a discount.
- Paperless Discount: Receive your statements and documents via electronically to qualify for this discount.
- Autopay Discount: Set up automatic payments to get this discount.
- Paid in Full Discount: Pay your entire annual premium upfront to save.
- Anti-Theft Discount: Vehicles with anti-theft features like car alarms can earn you a discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount: Cars with passive restraints like airbags can get a discount.
- Adaptive Headlight Discount: Vehicles with headlights that adjust to low-light conditions can qualify for this discount.
- Electronic Stability Controls Discount: Cars equipped with stability controls for safe driving on icy or wet roads can save you money.
- Forward-Collision Warning Discount: Cars with collision-avoidance features that help prevent accidents can also earn you a discount.
Amica Car Insurance Ratings
Amica received many complaints about their auto insurance as compared to what you might expect given their size, based on 3 Years data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
|2022 J.D. Power study||Amica ranking|
|Auto insurance shopping||No. 3 out of 11 companies.|
|Auto insurance claims satisfaction||No. 1 out of 21 companies.|
J.D. Power Ratings of Amica Car Insurance
Amica Car Insurance performed very well in the J.D. Power Auto Claims Satisfaction Study, which gathers feedback from their consumers who recently filed auto insurance claims.
Amica received a high score of 895 out of 1,000 points with ranking in 4th out of 18 best insurance companies. This suggests that Amica customers support are generally satisfied with their experience when filing claims, indicating good customer service in this aspect.
In the 2021 U.S. Auto Insurance Study, which assesses customer satisfaction across 11 regions in the United States, Amica was the highest-rated auto insurer in the New England region for the ninth consecutive year. This reflects consistently high customer satisfaction in that area.
In the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Insurance Shopping study, which examines the experiences of consumers shopping for auto insurance, Amica Mutual was the second-highest ranked among midsize auto insurers. It received a score of 891 out of 1,000, with American Family taking the top spot. This indicates that Amica provides a strong customer experience during the insurance shopping process, coming in as the second-best option among midsize insurers.
Amica Car Insurance Pros and Cons
- Accident Forgiveness: Amica offers accident forgiveness, which means your insurance rate won’t go up after a car accident.
- Platinum Choice Policy: Amica Platinum Choice policy is a bundles of various useful coverages like rental car coverage, credit monitoring, and new car replacement.
- High Rating from Collision Repair Professionals: Amica car insurance received a high letter grade (B+) from collision repair experts for its claims service, indicating a good reputation in handling claims.
- Gap Insurance: Amica is provides gap insurance, which can be valuable for people buying or leasing a financed car to cover the difference between what you owe and the car’s value.
- Higher Average Rates: Amica car insurance have higher average rates compared to many top competitors in U.S.A, which means you might pay more for your insurance.
- Complaints: Amica has received a higher number of complaints with state insurance regulators compared to the industry average. Most of these complaints are related to surcharges (rate increases) and delays in handling claims. This suggests potential issues with pricing and claims processing.
Other Insurance from Amica
Amica company offers a variety of other insurance products, including:
- Condo insurance.
- Flood insurance.
- Marine insurance.
- Motorcycle insurance.
- RV and travel trailer insurance.
- Umbrella insurance.
Amica also provide third parties insurance, including:
- Pet insurance
- Small-business insurance.
Who Owns Amica Insurance?
Amica is a mutual insurance company, which means it is completely owned by the people who have insurance policies with them and known as policyholders. This ownership structure allows Amica to provide good insurance coverage without extra charging for profits.
What types of car insurance coverage does Amica offer?
Amica offers a range of car insurance coverage options, including liability insurance, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, personal injury protection (PIP), uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and more.
How can I get a quote for Amica car insurance?
You can get Amica car insurance quote by visiting their website, calling their toll-free number or contacting a local Amica agent.
Is Amica car insurance expensive?
The cost of Amica car insurance can be depending on several factors including your location, driving history, the type of coverage you select, and types of vehicle.
How does the claims process work with Amica car insurance?
If you need to file a claim with Amica car insurance then you can do so online process or visiting claims department. A claims adjuster will assess the damage and if your claim is approved then they will work with you to process the payment for repairs or replacement.
Can I manage my Amica car insurance policy online?
Yes, Amica offers to login your dashboard and manage your account online and you can access your policy information, make payments, request changes, and file claims through their website or mobile app.
How do I contact Amica customer support for car insurance inquiries?
You can reach Amica customer support for car insurance inquiries by calling their customer service hotline, visiting their website for online support options, or contacting a local Amica agent for personalized assistance.